This course presents basic principles and practice of marketing. Topics include marketing orientation, external environments, the industry’s code of ethics, and the importance of marketing to the economy and business entities. Emphasis is placed on marketing strategy: the target consumer plus product, price, promotion, and place.
Identify new and attractive marketing opportunities for business growth
- Assess the role of marketing within the firm and the economic system.
- Identify the external and uncontrollable environments of marketing and their impact on a firm's marketing strategy.
- Apply the terminology of the marketing profession to realistic business case studies and examples.
- Interpret the Code of Ethics of the American Marketing Association and relate specific parts of the Code to professional endeavors.
- Apply the marketing principles to well-known companies, products, and advertisements.